суббота, 18 января 2020 г.

A SNOWMAN AND A HARE OR A PERSON WHO HAD NO EDUCATION


   A snowman lives in a small hut in the forest. There is only one room in his hut. But there are three big windows. So, he can watch through his windows the forest and the snowfalls and everybody who passes by. The snowman likes the snowfalls, the edge of the forest, and his hut, where he lives.

   But most of all, he likes his winter forest. So, he goes there every day.

   The snowman has a friend, a white hare.

 


   The hare lives in a hut too. There is only one room. It is both a kitchen and a bedroom. But it is very comfortable. There is a bed, a sofa, a fireplace, a round table, some shelves, and a carpet.

   The hare’s hut is situated not far from a forest spring. And the spring is not far from the edge of the forest where the snowman lives.

   The snowman likes to visit his friend. He visits the white hare every day. The hare is glad to see the snowman.

“How are you getting on?” the snowman asks, entering the hut.

“I am fine,” answers the hare. “I am happy to see you.”

“That's great,” says the snowman smiling. And he goes to the sofa and sits down.

“A cup of tea?” asks the hare.

 “That's great,” answers the snowman.

   White hare takes two cups from the shelf. He gives one cup to his friend. Then he puts the other cup on the fireplace. He likes hot tea. But his friend the snowman drinks only tea with ice. So, he never gives hot tea to the snowman.

 White hare brings tea in a tea-pot. He also brings some jam and ice.

“Here is your tea,” he says. “It's fresh.” And he puts some ice into the snowman’s cup.

“That's great,” says the snowman. “It looks attractive.”

“It is very nice,” says the hare. “And the jam is very nice too.”

“That's great,” smiles the snowman and starts drinking his tea.


The hare drinks tea too. He likes it and enjoys it every day.

 “It may snow,” he says.

“That's great,” says the snowman.

“I don't agree with you,” the hare says. “We have a lot of snow this winter. There is too much snow in the forest this winter.”

“That's great,” smiles the snowman. “I like snow. It looks beautiful.”

“I agree with you,” agrees the hare. “Snow always looks beautiful. But it is difficult to walk in snow.”

“Because you are so little,” the snowman explains. “So, you must use skis. It is not difficult to ski.”

“I can't use skis,” says the hare. “I don't know how to use them. All hares in our family usually walk. Sometimes we run. But we never ski. I don't know much about skis.”



   The snowman looks at his friend. “I am so sorry I have no education and so I can't explain to you about skis.”
“And your brothers?” asks the white hare. “Do they have education?”
“No,” says the snowman without a smile. “They have no education either.”
 Then he looks round the room and continues, “But we must have education. I mean I must have education.” He thinks a little and adds “I must have a good education, a very good education.”
   The hare looks at his friend. "I am sorry there is no education in my hut,” he says. “I would like to give you education, because you want it so much. But I know there is no education here. I have only jam and some butter".
“Education is not food,” explains the snowman. He drinks his tea and speaks again. “Education is better than any food.”
“Better than vegetables?” asks the hare.
“Oh, dear,” answers the snowman. “Education is much better than any vegetable.”
“Is it better than fruit?” asks the white hare.
“I think that education is better than any fruit too,” answers the snowman.
“Is it better than fastfood?” asks the hare again.
“Of course, it is better than fastfood,” says the snowman dreamily.
“My parents never speak about education to me,” says the white hare, “And my brothers never speak about education either,” he continues.
“By the way,” says the snowman, “How are your parents?”
“They are OK,” smiles the hare.
“That's great,” says the snowman.”And how are your brothers?”
“They are fine too,” answers the hare and continues to drink his tea.
   The snowman finishes drinking tea. He yarns, then he eats some jam and butter. After that he thanks the hare.
“It's time to go home,” he says.
“It is evening,” says the hare.
“That's great,” says the snowman. “I must sleep. I like to sleep at night. See you soon.” And the snowman leaves.
The hare stays in his hut. He drinks his tea and thinks. “Education must be something nice. And I want to give education to my friend.”
   “But I have no education in my hut,” he says loudly. “So I must go and look for it.”
   He finishes his tea, washes the cups and puts them on the shelf. Then he goes out. He thinks “May be my brothers have it.”
   Then he says loudly again “Of course, they never speak about education. But they may have it.”
   So he runs to his brothers. But his brothers are not at home. They walk in the forest. They play with other hares.



   The next day he goes to his grandmother.
   “Could I ask a question?” he asks.
   His grandmother looks at him.
   “You must have education,” says the hare.
   “That’s right,” answers the grandmother. “I have education.”
   “You must have a good education,” says the hare.
   “That’s right,” answers the grandmother. “I have a very good education.”
   Really?” asks the hare. “Tell me!”
   “Then, sit down!” says the grandmother. “I want to show you my books.”
   “Where are your books?” asks the hare. “I see no books in your hut.”
   “Please, listen to me,” says the grandmother. “And don’t interrupt. I’d like to talk with you.”
   “How wonderful,” says the hare.  “I’d like to talk with you too.”
   “Please, don’t interrupt,” says the granny. ‘I’d like to tell you about modern means of communication.”
   “About what?” asks the hare with a smile.
   “About modern means of communication,” says the granny again. And she looks at the hare.
   “I think I know something about modern means of communication,” says the hare. And he looks at the shelf with food.
   “Are you hungry?” asks the grandmother.
   “Yes, I am very hungry,” answers the hare with a smile. “I think I’d like to eat some modern means of communication.”
   “Oh, dear!” says the granny. “There are no means of communication on the shelf with food.”
   “And where are they?” asks the hare.
   “They are here,” answers the granny. “But you are hungry. You must have a lunch now.”
   “Don’t forget to give me some modern means of communication for lunch,” says the hare.
   “Oh, dear! You don’t understand. You can’t eat means of communication.”
   “Don’t worry! I can eat all food,” says the hare.
   “But means of communication are not food.” The granny walks about the house. “There are a lot of means of communication in the modern world.”
   “How wonderful,” says the hare. “I am glad to hear it.”
   “Please, don’t interrupt,” interrupts him the granny. “Don’t forget I want to explain to you all about modern means of communication.” And she walks about the house again.
   “You know I have a present for you.”

   The granny wants to give the present. She looks for the present, but she can’t find it. “now I remember,” she says. “It’s in my bag.”
   “And where is your bag?” asks the hare.
  
   The granny walks about the house. She looks for the bag. She looks for it in different places.
   “I can’t understand where my bag is,” she explains. “I usually put it on the cushion near the sofa.”
   “Oh, dear!”she says in a moment. “I remember you are very hungry.”
   “Yes, I am,” agrees the hare.
   “And I am very busy now. You see I am looking for my bag. What shall we do?”
   “I don’t know,” answers the hare. “But I am very hungry. So, may be, I must eat a bit.”
   “A cup of tea?”asks him the granny.
  “Yes, please.”
   “Here it is,” says the granny and puts a cup of hot tea on the table near the hare.  “Drink your tea.”
   “But I am hungry,” says the hare.  “I would like some food.”
   “Don’t worry. Drink your tea first,” says the granny. “I can give you rice with carrots after tea.”
  
   “I want rice with carrots now,” says the hare.
   “Don’t forget it is not summer. It is winter. So, hot tea is very important now. In winter hot tea is more important than rice with carrots,” the granny explains.
   “I agree with you,” says the hare.
   “I am glad to hear it,” says the granny. “By the way, in winter hot tea looks especially attractive.”
   “I think it is always attractive,” says the hare. “I like to drink hot tea in summer too.”
   And he drinks his tea.
   “I am able to understand you when you speak about summer,” says the granny, “but I think cold water is better in summer. So, cold tea is more attractive in summer.”
   “Really?” asks the hare. “Tell me , why.”
   “Oh, dear! You want to know too much! And I can’t tell you everything now.”
  
   The hare looks at the granny.
   “I am very busy now,” explains the granny.  “I am looking for my bag.” And the granny begins to walk about the house again.
   “Don’t forget about rice with carrots,” reminds her the hare.
   “Don’t worry, I won’t,” says the granny walking about the house.
   “Listen,” says the hare in a minute, “my cup is already without tea. But where is my rice with carrots?”
“Here it is,” answers the granny. And she gives a big plate with rice to the hare.
   “Thanks a lot,” says the hare, “rice is my favourite food.”
   “You are welcome,” says the granny. “Don’t forget to eat the carrots too!”
   “I won’t,” promises the hare. “How can I forget? Carrots are my favourite food too,” he explains.


   The hare finishes his meal. “Where is your bag?” he asks. “Where can it be?” And he walks about the house too.
   “Oh, dear!” says the granny. “”now I remember! My bag is in your uncle’s house. You can go there and bring it to me.”
   “But my uncle lives in the other forest. And it’s difficult to go there on snow,” explains the hare.
   “Really?” smiles the granny. “I don’t agree with you. It’s nice to walk on snow.”
   “I am glad to hear it,” says the hare. “But I don’t agree with you.”
  “That’s great,” says the granny. “You can stay here and listen to me. And I can tell you about modern means of communication. Only don’t interrupt.”
   “Don’t forget about the present,” says the hare.
   “How wonderful!” exclaims the granny. “You remember about the present. And I don’t.”
   “You don’t remember about my present?” asks the hare with surprise.
   “Now I remember,” answers the granny. “But when I think about modern means of communication I forget about your present.”
   “Do you forget about it now?” asks the hare.
   “Don’t worry,” answers the granny. “If I forget, you can remember and remind me.” She sits down. “Shall we talk about modern means of communication now?” she asks.
   “How about my present?” asks the hare. “Isn’t it better to talk about my present?”


   The  granny ignores his question and begins “So, modern means of communication.”
   “May I interrupt you for a moment?” asks the hare with a smile..
   But the granny  doesn’t answer. She is looking for something under the table.
   “Could I ask a question?” says the hare.
   “Sure,” says the granny.
   “Why do you always cook rice with carrots?” says the hare.
   “Why do you ask about it?” asks the granny. “You don’t enjoy this meal any more?”
   “”I always enjoy it. I am ready to eat it again and again.”

   “Then why do you ask?”
   “I would like some more,” says the hare.
   “You are welcome,” says the granny. And she gives some more rice with carrots to the hare.
   “How is the uncle?” asks the hare after the meal.
   “He is fine,” answers the granny.
   “I am very happy to hear it,” says the hare. “And how is your neighbor?”
   “He is fine too.”
   “I am glad to hear it too,” says the hare. He looks at his granny with curiosity. “But what are you looking for?”
   “I am looking for a very important thing,” answers the granny.
   “What do you mean?”asks the hare.
   “A computer,” says the granny, “One of the modern means of communication.” And she looks at the hare.
   “I can use a computer,” explains the granny. “I am very good at it.”
    “I think you are very good at rice with carrots,” says the hare.
   “You don’t understand,” says the granny. “It’s cool to use a computer.”
    “Then I must use it too,” says the hare.
   “How can you use a computer if you even don’t know how it looks?” asks the granny. And she looks at the white hare. “You can’t use a computer,” she says. “You have no education.”


   “That’s true,” says the hare. “I have no education. But I have a present.” And he looks at his granny. “So I think I must go and take it,” he continues in a minute.
   “”But I want to explain to you about modern means of communication,” says the granny.

   “I think I want a present first,” says the hare.
   “OK,” says the granny. “Then you must walk on snow to your uncle. And don’t forget to bring me my bag.”
   “The snowman says it’s nice to ski,” says the hare.
   “We don’t ski in our family,” says the granny.
   “It’s simple,” explains the hare. Then he remembers that he doesn’t know much about skis. So he says “It may snow again.”
   “Don’t worry,” says the granny. “It always snows in winter.”
   “I think I can’t bring you the bag today,” explains the hare.”I must go home with your present.”
   “OK,” says the granny. “Then bring the bag tomorrow.”
   “Don’t forget to show me your means of communication,” says the hare.
   “Don’t worry,” says the grandmother. “Come tomorrow.”
   “See you soon,” she says when she opens the door.




   The hare walks on snow to his uncle’s house. “It may snow,” he thinks, “I must go quickly.” And he begins to walk quickly.
    It begins to snow.
   “The snow looks nice,” thinks the hare.”Only I must run. I must take my present. It must look attractive.”
   In the evening the hare sees his uncle’s house. He opens the door. “”Hello! How are you getting on?” he asks.
   “I am very busy,” answers the uncle. I am making skis.“
   “Granny says we don’t ski in our family.”
   “That’t true,” agrees the uncle. “We don’t ski in our family, because we run fast.”
   “But then why are you making skis?” asks the hare.
   “Please, sit down. I can explain it,”
   “I must take my present first,” says the hare.
   “Your present?” asks the uncle.
   “Yes, my present.”
   The uncle looks surprised.
   “It is in the bag,” explains the hare.
   “And where is the bag?” asks the uncle.
   “It is in your house,” says the hare.
   “But your bag is not in my house,” explains the uncle.
   “Don’t worry. It is not in my bag,” explains the hare. “It is in the granny’s bag.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the uncle. “”Now I remember, there is one bag on the shelf with things.”
   “”And where is the shelf?” asks the hare.
   “Here it is!” says the uncle. And he shows to the left.
   The hare sees a big nice white shelf. He goes to the shelf and takes a bag.
   “How is the granny?” asks the uncle.
   “Oh, she’s fine,” answers the hare.
   “”And how is your snowman?” asks the uncle with interest.
   “He is fine too,” answers the hare. He sits down, thinks a little and says, “He wants education.”
   “I don’t know much about education,” says the uncle.
   “But how can you make skis without education?” asks the hare.
   “Education and skis are two different things,” says the uncle.
   “And my friend the snowman says that a person can’t make skis without education.”
  
   “I don’t agree with him,” says the uncle.’”You don’t need education to make skis.”
   “Then what for do you need education?” asks the hare.
   “I don’t know it says the uncle.
   The hare stands up and walks about the house.
   “Please, sit down,” says the uncle. “Drink some tea and don’t interrupt my work.”

   The hare takes some tea with jam. “What can I do after the tea?” he thinks. “The uncle is very busy. He can’t talk with me. And he can’t explain about education.”
   “Don’t forget your present,” says the uncle.
   “Don’t worry,” answers the hare, “I can take the bag with me.”
   “How about the present?” asks the uncle.
   “I can take both the present and the bag,” answers the hare.
   “Tell me, what is in the bag?” asks the uncle.
   “I can’t explain to you,” answers the hare. “You are very busy. You must work,” says the hare. And he takes the bag and goes to the sofa to look at his present.”


   He finds a little present in the granny’s bag and takes it out.
   The uncle looks at the present too. But he can’t see it very well.
   “How wonderful!” says the uncle. “You have your present now. What is it?”
   “It’s a candle,” answers the hare.
   “Are you happy?” asks the uncle again.
   “I am always happy,” answers the hare. “It’s nice to have a present.”
   “I agree with you,” says the uncle. “But why don’t you show me your present?”
   “It’s very simple. It’s only a candle,” answers the hare.
   “I’d like to look at it,” says the uncle.
   “But you are busy. You must make skis,” reminds him the hare.
   “Don’t worry,” says the uncle, “I can only look at it. It is always interesting to look at presents,” explains the uncle.
   “I don’t want to interrupt your work,” says the hare. And he puts the present into the granny’s bag again.
   “Don’t worry. I can stop for a minute,” says the uncle. “I want to see the present better.
   “But it’s not your present,” says the hare. “Why do you want to look at my present?”
   “Listen,” says the uncle without a smile. “Presents are always interesting. I want to know more about presents.”
   “Why do you want to know more about presents?” asks the hare.
   “Because I like presents,” explains the uncle. “One day I can give a present to some person too. So I want to know more about presents.”
   “What do you want to know about my present?” asks the hare.
   “I want to see the colour of your present,” answers the uncle.


   “My present is yellow,” answers the hare.
   “How wonderful,” says the uncle. “This is a wonderful colour. It must look attractive.”
   “Why do you think so?” asks the hare.
   “Yellow always looks attractive,” says the uncle.
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the hare. “Red colour is better than yellow.”
   “And I think yellow colour is better,” says the uncle.”May I look at it?” he asks again and stands up. He wants to go to the window and look at the present.
   “Please, sit down,” says the hare.
   The uncle looks at him with surprise.
   “Don’t interrupt your work,” says the hare. “I can come to you with the bag.”
   “Really?” asks the uncle. “You are very kind.”
   “I am glad to hear it. But I don’t think so,” says the hare.
   “Then why do you want to come to me?” asks the uncle.
   “It’s simple,” answers the hare. “You are very busy.” And he goes to his uncle.



   The uncle looks at the skis.
   “I am here,” says the hare.
   The uncle looks at him. “And where is your present?” he asks.
   “It is in the bag,” answers the hare.
   “But the bag is on the sofa,” says the uncle.
   “Now I remember,” explains the hare. “I must go back to the sofa and take the bag.”
   “And bring the bag here,” reminds the uncle.


“Make up your mind not to forget what I say,” says the uncle in a minute.
   “I usually don’t forget what you say,” explains the hare.
   “Then why do you forget now?” asks the uncle.
   “I want to sleep,” explains the hare. “So I can’t think about the things and about your words. I can think only about my house and my bed.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the uncle. “”I think you must stay here and sleep. Your house is in the other forest. And it may snow.”
   “That’s right,” says the hare. “My hut is far.”
   “You can sleep on my sofa,” says the uncle.
   “Don’t worry,” says the hare, “I can go home and sleep in my bed.”
   “You can’t go home now,” says the uncle. And he goes to the window and looks out.
   “It snows now,” he says. “You must stay in my house.”
   The white hare goes back to the window and looks out too. “I agree with you,” he says. “I must stay here. Only I need a pillow.”
   “Here it is,” says the uncle. And he gives the hare a nice pillow.
   “It looks attractive,” says the hare.
   “Take a blanket,” says the uncle.
   “And where is the blanket?” asks the hare.
   “Here it is,” says the uncle. And he shows at the other shelf. The hare takes a blanket.
  


   “It’s very comfortable on your sofa now,” he says.
   “No, it isn’t,” says the uncle. “The sofa is near the window so it may be cold under one blanket. Take one more blanket, please.”
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the hare. “The window is closed. And you have a fire-place in the house.  So it is always hot here.”
   “No, it isn’t. It is not so hot here at night. Here is the second blanket,” says the uncle. And he gives a bright yellow blanket to the hare.
   “”How wonderful!” says the hare. “I have two blankets now.”
   “I always use two blankets,” says the uncle. “I like blankets.”
   “I like blankets too,” says the hare.
   “Now I remember,” says the uncle.
   “What do you remember?” asks the hare.
   “Your present,” says the uncle. “I can look at it now. Show me your present.”
   “OK,” says the hare. And he sits down on the sofa. “Please, sit down too,” he says to his uncle. “And I would like you to close your eyes.”
   The uncle sits down and closes his eyes.
   “And now count till three. Then you may open your eyes.”
   “One, two, three,” counts the uncle. And then he opens his eyes.
   “Here it is!” says the hare and takes his present out of the bag.
   The uncle looks at the present. “It’s wonderful!” he says. “A wonderful little candle,” he says. “It really looks attractive.”
   “A little yellow candle is a good present,” agrees the hare, “Simple, but nice.”
   “I like it,” says the uncle.
   “I like it too,” says the hare. “The granny always buys me yellow candles,” he explains. “Only I can’t understand why the granny buys me only yellow candles.”
   “Because you have no electricity,” explains his uncle.

   “You have no electricity either,” says the hare. The hare thinks a bit and continues, “And you have no education.” Then he thinks a bit again and continues again “May be you have no electricity because you have no education.”
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the uncle.
   “It’s because you don’t have education,” explains the hare.
   “What do you mean?” asks the uncle.
   “I mean you don’t agree with me because you don’t have something very very important.”


   “What do you mean?” asks the uncle again.
   “I mean you have no education,” says the hare. “The snowman says education is a very important thing.”
   “I am glad that I have no education,” says the uncle.
   “So, you don’t like education,” says the hare.
   “How can I like it, if I don’t know what education is,” explains the uncle. “And I am glad that I have no electricity,” he says.
   “The snowman says we have no electricity because we have no education,” says the white hare. “It’s simple. No education – no electricity.”
   “I don’t agree with him,” says the uncle. “I have no electricity, because I don’t like electricity,” he explains.
   “So, you don’t like electricity,” says the hare, “and you don’t like education. But you like presents.”
   “May I interrupt you for a moment?” asks the uncle.
   “”You are welcome,
 Says the hare.
   “It’s very simple,” says the uncle.”But you don’t understand me. Please, listen.”


   “I don’t say that I don’t like education. I say that I am glad that I have no education.”
   “But why?” interrupts him the hare. “Why are you glad that you don’t have education?”
   The uncle looks at him. “It’s simple,” he says. “I don’t need it.”
   “But why don’t you need it?” asks the hare.
   “But what for do I need it?” asks him the uncle.
   The hare thinks a little.  “To give it to the snowman,” he answers. “He wants it very much. And I can’t give him education, because I have no education. And you can’t give him education, because you have no education.”
   “That’s true,” says the uncle. “I can’t give education to the snowman or to you. But I can give him skis,” he says. “I think skis are better than education.” 
   “I don’t know,” says the hare. “Now I remember,” he says again. “You can try to explain to me about electricity.”
   “I don’t need electricity,” says the uncle. “I don’t like it. I can see well without electricity,” he explains. “I can use candles.”
   “Now I understand you,” says the hare.”I don’t need electricity either. I don’t like it. I like candles.”
   “Only granny likes electricity,” says the uncle.
   “Now, I see,” says the hare. “It’s simple. She likes electricity, because she doesn’t like candles. And so she always gives me candles for presents.”
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the uncle. “She gives you candles, because you have no electricity and not because she doesn’t like candles. She likes to give presents. She always gives them to her friends and relatives.”



   In the morning the uncle gives the hare a cup of tea with jam and butter.
   “Thanks a lot,” says the hare.
   “You are welcome,” says the uncle.

   “I am very happy to stay with you,” says the hare. “It’s nice to have tea in the morning.”
   “That’s true,” says the uncle. “I am not hungry in the morning, so I drink only tea.
   “But you eat butter and jam too,” says the hare. “It means you are hungry.”
  “When I am hungry, I eat carrots,” says the uncle. “We can have some carrots now, if you are hungry,” he says.
   “That’s good news,” says the hare. “I am hungry. I am usually hungry in the morning.”
   “Oh, dear!” says the uncle. “”What can we do? Should we eat rice with carrots or a carrot with rice?
   “I don’t know,” says the hare.
   “It’s cool to have a carrot with rice when you are hungry,” says the uncle.
   “Where is your carrot?” asks the hare.
   The uncle brings a big carrot. “Here it is,’ says the uncle.
   “And where is rice?” asks the hare again.
   “Oh, dear!” says the uncle. “You must have a carrot first.”
  “Don’t forget about the rice,” says the hare.

   “How is the carrot?” asks the uncle when the hare begins to eat it.
   “It looks nice,” says the hare.

   “I don’t ask you how the carrot looks,” says the uncle. “I know it looks attractive. I ask you how it is.” And the uncle walks about the house. “This carrot is my personal achievement,” he explains. “it is very big.”
   “No, it isn’t.” says the hare.
   The uncle looks at him. “What do you mean?”
   “I mean it isn’t very big. It is big. That’s true, but it isn’t very big.”
   The uncle looks at the hare without a smile. “Don’t forget to say thank you,” he says.
   “I can’t say it,” says the hare.
   “Why not?” asks the uncle.
   “I am very busy now,” says the hare. “I eat your personal achievement. And I want to eat all your personal achievement,” explains the hare.

   The uncle walks about the house again.
   “You can’t eat my personal achievement,” he explains.
  “Yes. I can,” says the hare. “If this carrot is your personal achievement and I eat it, it means I eat your personal achievement,” he explains.
   “OK, dear,” says the uncle. “I see. Now I think so too.” And he sits down. “I am happy you can’t eat all my personal achievements,” he says.
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the hare. “I think I can eat all your personal achievements, if you give them to me.”
   “Now I remember,” says the uncle. “I must give you rice.’ And he goes to his fire-place and takes a pot with rice.
   When the hare finishes his breakfast, he looks at his uncle. “Thanks a lot,” he says.
   “You are welcome,” says the uncle.
   “What do you mean?” asks the hare.
   “You can have more rice, if you want,” explains the uncle. “Is it very nice?” he asks.
   “No, it isn’t,” says the hare. “Your personal achievement is better.”
   “Then, I have a present for you,” says the uncle. “Here it is.”
   And he gives the hare three big carrots.
   “Don’t worry,” says the hare. “I am not hungry now.”
  “Don’t eat them now,” says the uncle. “Take them home and make a vegetable soup. Vegetable soup is very good for lunch,” explains the uncle.
   “I think so too,” agrees the hare. And he takes the carrots and puts them into the bag with his present.

   “There is a lot of snow,” says the uncle. “Would you like to stay in my hut again?” he asks.
   “I think I must go,” says the hare.
   “Can you walk on snow with a bag?” asks the uncle.
   “yes, I can,” says the hare. “It’s cool to have a bag with presents. So, don’t worry. Have a nice time!”
   “Have a good trip,” says the uncle.
    “See you soon,” says the hare and he goes home with his wonderful presents.


   The hare walks on snow with his bag.
   “I would like to ski,” he thinks.  “Skis are great. I must tell about them to my friend the snowman.”
   Then he thinks a little. “It’s nice to have friends,” he says.
   All the trees are white. The road is white and the hare is white too.
   It begins to snow again. “It’s nice to see so much snow,” says the hare.
   “I agree with you,” he hears near.
   The hare looks at the road and trees. He can’t see well, because there is much snow.
   “I don’t know who you are,” answers he.
   “And I don’t know who you are either,” says a person near the white hare.
   “I am a white hare,” explains the hare. “And please, don’t interrupt, when I talk to myself.”
   “I’m sorry,” says the person. “But I’d look to have a company on the road.” He explains. “And all other animals are at their homes now.”
   “I must go home now too,” says the hare.
   “That’s great,” says the person. “But where is your house?”
   “I don’t know,” says the hare. “It snows, so I can’t see the road well.”
   “Then how can you go there?” asks the person.
   “I don’t know,” says the hare again. “But I must go there.”
  
   “Is your house on the edge of the forest?”asks the person.
   “No, it isn’t” answers the hare.
   “Is your house in our forest?” asks the person.
   “No, it isn’t,” answers the hare. “It is in the other forest.”
   “It’s a long road,” says the person, “and it snows so much that you can’t see even me well.”
   “That’s true,” agrees the hare. “What can I do?” he asks.
   “You can stay in my hut,” says the person.
   “That’s good news,” says the hare. “But do you like presents?” he asks.
   “I love them,” answers the person near.
   “Then, I can’t stay in your hut,” explains the hare.
   “But why?” asks the person.
  “You see, I love them myself.”
   “That’s great,” says the person. “But it snows and you have a heavy bag,” he says.

   The hare doesn’t answer.
   “What is in your bag?” asks the person.
   “I don’t know,” says the hare.
   “We may look,” says the person.


   “I always know what is in my bag,” the person says in a minute.
   “But it isn’t my bag,” explains the hare. “It’s my granny’s bag.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the person. “But why do you take your granny’s bag with you?”
   “I can’t explain it to you,” says the hare.
  “So, you don’t know what you have in the bag and you take it with you,” says the person.
   “Now I remember,” says the hare.”There are presents.”
   “So, you have presents in your granny’s bag,” says the person. “I think it’s very good.”
   “I think so too,” says the white hare.
   “But do you remember what presents are in the bag?” asks the person with interest.
   “My presents,” answers the white hare. “There are my presents in the bag.”
   “Really! Tell me!” says the person. “And I would like to see them.”
   “It snows. And it’s cold. So I can’t show you my presents,” explains the hare.
   “I agree with you. You can’t show them to me here. But you can show them to me in my hut. It’s near the road. And you can stay there and drink a cup of tea.”
   “I don’t know who you are, so I can’t stay in your hut,” explains the hare.
   “Don’t worry,” says the person, “I am a friendly person.”
   “That’s great,” says the hare. Then he thinks a little and says “But you love presents!”
     “That’s true!” agrees the person. What can we do?”
   “I don’t know,” says the hare.
   “Then we may go to my hut and drink some tea and look at your presents. You can’t see the road now and it’s difficult to walk on snow with a heavy bag.”
   “I agree with you,” says the hare. “But I can’t give you my presents,” he explains. “I like them.”
   “That’s wonderful. I don’t want your presents,” explains the person. “I want your company.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the hare with a smile. “Now I want your company too.”
“It’s nice to have a company when it snows,” explains the person.
   “I agree with you,” agrees the hare.
   “Listen,” says the person,
“I can take your bag and you can walk without it. It’s difficult to walk with a heavy bag on the snow.”
   “No, it isn’t,” says the hare. “I like this bag.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the person. “You are a very responsible hare. You don’t want to give your granny’s bag to other forest inhabitants.”
   That’s true. I am very responsible.“
   “I am very responsible too,” says the person. “So you can give it to me. Don’t worry. I only want to help you.”
   “”How wonderful, says the hare. And he gives his granny’s bag to the person.
   The hare and the person walk on snow slowly. The person shows the road.
   “Here is my hut,” says the person.
   The hare looks. But he can’t see the hut. He can see only snow. He can’t even see the person.





   “Where are you?” he asks. “I don’t see you. And I don’t see my bag.”
   “But it isn’t your bag,” he hears nearby.

   “That’s true,” agrees the hare. “But my presents are there.”
   “Don’t worry about your presents,” says the person. “They are with me.”
   “What do you mean?” asks the white hare.
   “I mean the presents are in the bag,” answers the person.
   “And where is the bag?” asks the hare.
   “It’s with me too,” answers the person.
   “And where are you?” asks the white hare without a smile.
   “I am near the bag,” answers the person.
   “But I can’t see you,” says the hare.
   “I can’t see you either,” says the person. “It’s OK.”
   “No, it isn’t,” says the hare.
   “What do you mean?” asks the person.
   “I mean I can’t see my bag, I can’t see my presents and I can’t see you.”
   “How wonderful!” exclaims the person.
   “I don’t think so,” disagrees the hare.
   “It’s nice you can’t see me,” says the person.
   “I don’t agree with you,” disagrees the white hare again.
   “And I don’t agree with you,” says the person.
   “But why?” asks the hare.
   “I don’t want to explain again,” says the person.
   “I don’t understand you,” says the white hare.
   “It’s very simple,” says the person. “When I say it’s nice you can’t see me, I mean you can’t see me, but you can hear me.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the hare. “But where is your hut? I can’t see it either.”
   “Don’t worry. It’s here.”
   “May I come in?” asks the white hare.
   “I am sorry,” says the person. “But I must open the door first.”
   “Can I help you?” asks the hare.
   “Don’t worry. Stay where you are. There is a lot of snow near the door and it’s difficult to open it with a heavy bag.”
   “I can take the bag,” says the hare.
   “Don’t worry,” says the person. “I like to open the door when I have a bag.”
   “Do you mean my bag?” asks the hare.
   “I can’t mean your bag, because you have no bag.”
   “And where is my bag?” asks the hare.
   “I don’t know,” says the person. “I can only say where your granny’s bag is.’
   “That’s great!” exclaims the hare with a smile.
   “Listen!” he hears not far. “You must not interrupt me when I open my door. It’s not easy to speak with you and to open the door. Please, stay here and listen.”
   The white hare stays there. He listens. Then he hears the door. It slowly opens.
   “Come here,” says the person. “It’s a nice hut.”
   The hare goes to the door. “Do you have electricity?” he asks.
   “What do you mean?” asks the person.

“I mean electricity,” says the hare.
   “What do you mean?”asks the person again. “What is electricity?”
   “I can’t explain it to you,” says the white hare.
   “Come in,” the person repeats the invitation.


   The hare enters the hut. He can’t see what is in the hut and he can’t see the person either.
   “I can’t see you,” he says.
   “But you can hear me,” says the person.
   “Now I remember, says the hare. “It’s nice I can hear you.’
   “Please, sit down,” says the person.
   “And where is your sofa?” asks the hare.
   “I don’t need a sofa in the hut. It’s not comfortable to sit on the sofa,” explains the person. “I have a wonderful soft fluffy carpet and I like to sit on this carpet. So you may sit on this carpet too.”
   The hare sits down. “It’s really wonderful,” he says.
   “And the tea is wonderful too. You know I have special tea,” the person says.
   The hare hears how the person walks about the house. But he can’t see the person and things in the house.
   “It is usually easy to find things in my hut, when it doesn’t snow,” says the person. “But it snows so much today that my windows don’t help.”
   “Use a candle,” says the hare.
   “Good idea,” says the person. “But I don’t have candles. There is no shop in our forest. So I can’t buy candles. I don’t want to run to the edge of the other forest to buy them.”
   “I think I can help you,” says the hare.
   “Listen,” says the person. “I know you run quickly. I mean you can run to the edge of the other forest quickly. But it snows and I would like you to stay here.”
   “Don’t worry,” smiles the hare. “I don’t need to run on snow to the edge of the other forest.”
   “Then I don’t understand how you can help me,” exclaims the person.   
   “It’s simple. I have a candle with me,” explains the white hare.
   “Oh, dear!” exclaims the person. “How wonderful! We can have tea and look at the candle light. It’s nice to look at a candle light when it snows,” he explains. “A candle can be a very attractive thing.”
   “Especially when it’s yellow,” says the hare.
   “I agree with you,” says the person. “And is your candle yellow?”
   “Yes, it is,” answers the hare. “My candle is yellow and it’s attractive. Open the bag and take it.”
   “So you have a candle in your granny’s bag,” says the person.
   “That’s right,” says the hare. “And there are three big carrots there too. My presents,” he explains. “Very simple, but attractive.”
   “Oh. I see,” says the person. “Simple things can be attractive sometimes.”
   “Take them,” says the hare.
   “Oh, dear! I can’t take your presents,” says the person. “You love them so much.”


   “It’s OK,” says the hare.”We may eat the carrots together after tea. Carrots are very useful.”
   “That’s true,’ says the person. “I think we must eat carrots every day.’
   “I think so too,” says the hare. Then he looks round the room. But it’s so dark, that he sees only windows. The hare doesn’t know what to do, so he addresses the person, “Can I help you to make tea?”
   “Don’t worry!” answers the person. “I can make it myself.”
   “I don’t know what to do,” says the hare.
   “Have a nice time,” says the person. “Do what you want.”
   “Then I would like to help you.”
   “OK,” answers the person. “Take some food from the shelf. It’s near you, on the right.”
   The hare goes to the right. He feels butter and cheese. He feels his favourite jam. It’s near him. He feels hungry. So he takes all the food from the shelf. Then he puts the food on the carpet.
   “And where are the carrots?” he asks the person.
   “Here they are,” answers the person. “And here is the tea,” he adds.
   The hare takes a cup of tea. “But there is no candle,” he says.
   “That’s true,” says the person. “I can bring it later.”
   “Why not now?” asks the hare.
   “You see, my dear, I must tell you one thing,” says the person. “Only don’t interrupt.”
  

   The person stands up and walks about the house.
   The hare stays on the carpet. He listens.
    “There are different animals in the forest,” the person begins.
   “That’s true,” says the hare.
   “Please, don’t interrupt,” says the person. “I may forget what I want to say.”
   He goes back to the carpet and sits down. Now he sits near the hare. “You are so nice and little,” he says. “And I think you have a lot of friends.”
   “That’s true,” says the hare. “It’s nice to have a lot of friends.”
   “I think so too,” says the person. “And I want to have friends too. And I want presents. And I want a good company.”
   “Oh, I see,” says the hare.
   “Drink your tea,” says the person, “and listen to me.”
   “Now I remember,” says the hare. “You ask me not to interrupt you.”
   “That’s true,” says the person.
   “Don’t forget your tea,” reminds the hare and begins to drink his own tea.
   “Eat some butter and cheese,” says the person and he butters some bread.


   “I think I may have some tea too,” he says. “It’s nice to drink tea in a company of a white hare,” he explains.
   “Don’t forget to tell me what you want to tell,” says the hare.
   “Oh, dear, you are right. I must tell you one thing,” remembers the person and he stands up again.
   “Please, sit down,” says the white hare. “Drink your tea first.”
   “You are a very good company,” says the person.
   “You too,” says the white hare.
   “Don’t say so,” interrupts him the person.
   “But why?” asks the hare. “You are a good person, that means, you are a good company.”
   “Don’t say so,” says the person. “I am not a good company.” And he comes closer to the hare.
   “But why?” asks the hare moving aside.
   “Because I can’t be a good company,” says the person. And he turns and goes somewhere.
   “Where are you going?” asks the white hare.
 
   “To the shelf,” answers the person. “It’s just near the door,” he reminds.
   “But why?” asks the hare.
   “You ask this question for the third time!” noticed the person.
   “It’s about different things,” explains the hare.
   “Oh, I see,” says the person.
   “What do you see?” asks the hare.
   “I don’t see anything,” answers the person.
   “Then why do you say I see?” asks the hare suspiciously.
   “I don’t remember why,” says the person. “But I think I can remember it, if I sit down and think about it for a while. Only don’t interrupt.” And he sits down and begins to think.
   “Now I remember,” he says in a moment. “But it doesn’t matter.”
   “But why it doesn’t matter?” asks the hare.
   “Because I have to do something more important,” answers the person.
   “”What about your tea?” asks the hare.
   “Don’t worry! I can drink it later,” answers the person.
   “Tea is very important in winter,” says the hare.
   “Is it?” the person begins to walk about the room again. “How wonderful!” he says in a minute.
   “Really?” asks the hare. “Tell me what is wonderful?”
   “The sack,” says the person.
   “Oh, I see,” says the hare.
   “”No, you don’t,” says the person. “You don’t see my sack.’
   “That’s right!” says the hare.
   “It looks attractive,” says the person.
   “How wonderful,” says the hare. “You are a good person. You have a sack at home.”
   “Don’t say so!” says the person. “You don’t understand.”
   “Tell me!” says the hare. “I would like to know what I don’t understand.”
   “It’s about the sack. You don’t understand about the sack. You don’t guess what it is for.”
   “It’s simple,” says the hare slightly astonished. “Sacks are usually for food. I have a sack for mushrooms. I keep dry mushrooms in my sack,” he explains.
   “You are a smart hare,” says the person. “You use your sacks for mushrooms.”
   “How about your sack?” asks the hare. “How do you use your sack?”
   “I use my sack in a different way,” says the person. “I don’t keep mushrooms in my sack.”
“But where do you keep mushrooms?” asks the hare.
   “I have got no mushrooms in my house,” says the person. “I don’t gather them in summer.”
   “What about spring and autumn?” asks the hare. “Do you gather mushrooms in spring and autumn?”
   “How about you?” asks the person.
   “I gather mushrooms in spring, autumn and summer,” answers the hare. “Then I dry them on the blankets on the edge of the forest and put them in my sack. What about you?”
   “It’s simple. I use blankets in summer too,” explains person. “Blankets are important for me,” he says.
   “But why are they important for you? You don’t need them. You don’t gather mushrooms. So you don’t dry them. Why are blankets important for you, then? Tell me!” asks the hare.
   “It’s simple,” says the person. “They look attractive. So we must use them in summer too.”
   “I don’t agree with you!” says the hare. “We must use blankets only in winter.”
   “Don’t say so! Blankets are good for all seasons just like carrots.”
   “I remember!” says the hare. “We must eat carrots now.”
   “Now I remember it too,” says the person.
   “You are a good company,” smiles the hare.
   “Don’t say so,” says the person.
   “But why?” the hare asks with interest.
   “I can try to explain it,” answers the person. “But you can understand it later yourself.”
   “What do you mean?”asks the white hare.
   “I mean I have a sack for you, and a blanket for me,” answers the person. “So you can’t call me a good company.”
   “But why?” asks the hare with interest. “Why do you have a sack for me?”
   “Because I always use my blankets myself. I can’t give any blanket to you. I understand it’s not so good.”
   “So you call yourself not a good company, because of the blankets.”
   “To tell you the truth, I don’t mean only blankets, when I say that,” explains the person.
   “Do you mean you are not a good company because of the sack?” asks the hare.
   “To tell you the truth, I don’t mean only sack, when I say that,” explains the person.
   “Then what do you ean when you say that you are not a good company?” asks the hare. “Tell me!”
   “You really want to hear it?” asks the person.
   “That’s right!” nods the hare.
   “But why?” asks the person slightly astonished.
   “Because I want to know who you are!” answers the hare.
   “So you don’t guess who I am?” asks the person slightly astonished again.
   “No, I don’t. So, please tell me who you are!” the hare says.


   “I am nobody,” answers the person in a low voice.
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the hare. “You can’t call yourself nobody.”
   “Yes, I can,” says the person and then he repeats again, “I am nobody.”
   “Don’t say so!” says the white hare. “Try to remember who you are.”
   “I am nobody,” says the person for the third time.
   “But why?” asks the hare. “Why are you nobody?”
   “Because I have no education,” explains the person.



   “You are nobody because you have no education?” asks the hare without a smile.
   “That’s right!” says the person. “Because I have no education. And I am not a good company, because I have no education,” he explains.
   “But am I a good company?” asks the hare slightly confused.
   “Yes, you are,” answers the person. “You are a very good company!” he exclaims.
   “But I have no education either,” says the hare.
   “So you have no education either!” exclaims person.
   “That’s right!” says the hare.
   “That’s strange,” says the person slightly confused. “You have no education and you are a good company.”
   “And my uncle has no education,” says the hare. “And sometimes he is a good company too,” he says.
   “Oh, I see!” exclaims the person.
   “And my friend, the snowman has no education and he is a good company too!” continues the hare.
   “Oh, I see!” explains the person again. “Nobody has education in your forest!”
   “We don’t talk about my forest,” says the hare. “We talk about education,” he explains.
   “So nobody has education,” says the person.
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the white hare. “My granny has education,” he says. “A very good education,” he adds.
   “She must be a good company,” says the person.
   “Yes, she is a very good company,” agrees the hare. “But the snowman ia a very good company too,” he adds in a minute. “And he has no education as you remember.”
   “So you can be a very good company too,” the hare continues.
   “So I can be a very good company without education?” the person asks slightly astonished.
   “That’s right!” answers the hare.
   “What about blankets?” asks the person.
   “What about blankets?” asks the hare slightly astonished.
   “Don’t you remember?” asks the person. “I always use them myself!”
   “Now I remember,” says the hare.
   “Am I a good company?” asks the person.
   “Let me see,” answers the hare slightly confused. And he begins to walk about the house.
   “Please, sit down! ” asks the person. “Now I remember!” he says.
   “I don’t give blankets to other persons, but I have a sack for them.”
   “But does it look attractive?” asks the hare.
   “Oh, yes! It looks attractive,” answers the person. “It’s simple, but very attractive,” he explains.
   “How wonderful!” exclaims the hare. “You have an attractive sack for other persons.”
   “That’s right!” says the person.
   “But how do they use your sack?” asks the hare.
   “They sleep in it,” explains the person. “You can sleep in it too,” he continues. “Here it is!” And he gives the sack to the hare. “You can try it on,” he adds.
   “But it isn’t a sack,” says the hare in a minute. “It’s a sleeping bag, a comfortable sleeping bag.””
   “I don’t know what a sleeping bag is,” says the person. “I have no education, you remember…” he continues with a sigh. “So I even can’t tell a sack from a sleeping bag!”
   “One doesn’t need education to tell a sack from a sleeping bag,” says the hare. “I have no education either,” he adds after a while. “But I can easily tell a sack from a sleeping bag.”
   “You can easily tell a sack from a sleeping bag though you have no education,” says the person thoughtfully. “Then what is education for?”
   “I don’t know,” answers the hare with a sigh. “I only know one doesn’t need education to make skis.”
   “And one doesn’t need education to tell a sack from a sleeping bag,” he adds.


 “May be for electricity,” he says after thinking a little.
 “What do you mean?” asks the person.
  “I mean may be one needs education to have electricity,” answers the hare.
   “Oh, I see,” says the person.
   “But it means that I have no sack,” he says after a while without a smile.
   The hare thinks a bit. “You have no sack, that’s true,” he says. “But now you have a sleeping bag. I think it is even more comfortable than your blanket.”
   The person smiles. The hare smiles too. “You are a good company,” he says to the person.

   “I am so happy to hear it,” says the person. “I am a good company.”
   “But if I had education I may be even a better company,” he says in a low voice in a minute.
   “So you still want education?” asks the hare.
   “I do, I do,” nods the person.
   “May be my grandmother can give you some education,” says the hare. “She has a very good education,” he reminds. “Only I don’t know what it means,” he adds in a while. “And I don’t know how it looks,” he confesses. “We must ask her about it,” he says yarning.
   The person thanks the hare for the care.
   And then they both fall asleep.







   And all this time the snowman can’t understand where his friend is. So he walks about the forest and tries to find it out. He looks at the snow. It looks attractive as usual, but the snowman doesn’t see it. He looks for some signs on the snow. He can understand signs. But he can’t see any signs. The snow is white and there are no signs on it.
   “That’s great,” thinks the snowman. “My friend teaches me to guess where he can be. ” So the snowman sits down on snow and begins to think. “I know everything about the white hare. So I may guess where he can be!” thinks the snowman.
   “He may play with his brothers!” says the snowman in some time. “I guess I can find him in their forest.” So he stands up and goes to the other forest. He knows that the hare’s brothers like to play on the edge of the forest. So he goes to the edge of the forest.
   But there is nobody there. “That’s great,” says the snowman, “Nobody plays on the edge of the forest. So my little friend is not here.” And the snowman walks about the edge of the forest. “It may snow again,” he thinks. “And it’s not simple to find somebody when it snows.”
  
   “If only I had education,” he thinks in a minute. “Education helps in life,” he says loudly. “And life is not so simple without education,” he continues talking to himself.
   Then he remembers one important thing. “I am hungry!” he exclaims and looks at the snow. “The snow is always attractive,” thinks the snowman, “And it’s a good snack. So I may eat it a bit.” And he begins to eat snow. “Nice as usual,” says the snowman when he finishes his meal. Then he remembers about his friend again. “What if my friend is hungry?” thinks the snowman. “I must go home and bring him a carrot.” And he goes back home.
 
   He takes a big orange carrot and goes back to the hare’s hut. But the hare is not there. So the snowman goes back to the edge of the forest. There are two hares on the edge of the forest. They are the hare’s brothers. They see the snowman. And they see the carrot. The snowman sees them too.

   “So you have a carrot,” says one of the brothers.
   “That’s right,” says the snowman.
   “That’s great,” say the two hares. “You can give it to us.”
   “It’s for your brother,” explains the snowman. “He may be hungry.”
   “He may be hungry. That’s right,” agree the two hares. “But he is not here. Sp you can’t give it to him.”
   “That’s great,” says the snowman. “I give it to you and you give it to your brother.”
   “You don’t understand,” say the two hares together. “We can’t give the carrot to him. He is not here.”
   “And where is he” asks the snowman.
   “We can guess where he may be. But we are so hungry that we need the carrot first.”
  “Here it is,” says the snowman and gives the carrot to the two hares.
   “Now I remember,” says one of the brothers. “He may be at the granny’s.”
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the second brother. “The granny is very busy. He may be at the uncle’s.”
   “I think I must go back home,” says the snowman.
   “You want to take another carrot?” asks the first brother.
   “That’s right,” answers the snowman.
   “How wonderful!” say the second brother. “We can meet you in our forest again.”
   “The uncle’s house is behind the forest. So you can see us on the edge of the forest,” explains the first brother.


   The snowman runs back to his hut and gets one more carrot. He doesn’t want to go to the edge of the forest to meet the two hares. But he wants to go to the uncle’s house. So the snowman goes through the winter forest on the other road.
   Suddenly he feels that somebody walks on the road too. He looks back and sees the two hares.
   “We want to accompany you to the uncle,” says the first brother.
   “Uncle has lots of carrots in his house,” says the second brother.
   “So you may give this carrot to us,” continues the first brother.
   “That’s great,” says the snowman without a smile. “Here you are.”
   “Now I remember,” says the second brother. “Granny is a good company. So our brother likes to talk with her when it snows.”
   “And she is very good at pies,” exclaims the first brother.
   “So you must go to the granny’s first,’ the two hares say loudly.
   The snowman looks at them. “Only don’t forget to bring her a carrot,” the brothers say. “She likes presents.”
   “So I must go back home,” says the snowman.
   “That’s right,” agree the two hares.
   The snowman goes back home and takes one more big carrot. It looks attractive.
   “I must not give this attractive carrot to the two hares,” he thinks. And he doesn’t go to the edge of the forest where the two hares play every morning and every evening. He chooses another road. A very long road. A road that goes through mountains and the mountain top and many other places.
   But as soon as he comes up to one of those places, the two hares meet him and try to get the carrot. So the snowman goes back home again, because he wants to bring the carrot to the granny. The snowman doesn’t guess how the two hares guess what road he chooses.
   But when he sees them again he doesn’t smile.
   “We are a good company,” smiles the first hare.
   “Really?” says the snowman snowman.
   “We are a very good company,” smiles the second hare.
   “Tell me! I would like to know why you are a good company,” says the snowman.
   “You don’t agree with us?” ask the two hares.
   “That’s right! I don’t agree with you,” says the snowman. “You only look attractive. But you are not a very good company,” continues the snowman.
   “But why do you think we are not a good company?” asks the first brother.
   “I guess you can guess about it yourself,” the snowman says. “It’s simple!’
   The two hare look at the snowman suspiciously.
   “You are not a very good company,” repeats the snowman.
   “Don’t say so!” says the second brother. “We are sure we are a very good company.”
   “Then you must tell the granny everything,” says the snowman.
   “Don’t worry! We will tell her everything!” say the two hares.
   “How wonderful!” exclaims the snowman. “Try to remember all details!”
   “Don’t worry!” exclaim the two hares. “Only don’t interrupt us.”


   They come up to the granny’s house. They look into the window and see their granny. She walks about the house.
   The snowman knocks at the door. “May I come in?” he asks.
   “Come in!” answers the granny.
   “How wonderful!” exclaim the two hares. “You are not busy.’
   “I don’t agree with you,” says the granny. “I am very busy. I promised your uncle and your grandfather to bake a pie.’
   “A pie!” exclaim the two hares. “How wonderful! But where is the grandfather? And where is the uncle?”
   “The grandfather will come in a minute. He will bring some wood for the fire-place. And the uncle will come soon too. He made a present for someone,” the granny explains.
   “But how do you know?” ask the two hares. “The uncle lives in the other forest!’
   “I use modern means of communication. There are some friends of mine in the other forest who also use modern means of communication. So they know everything about the inhabitants of their forest,”  explains the granny.
   “We don’t understand what you mean,” say the two hares.
  “Because you have no education,’ says the granny.
   “I don’t understand what you mean either,” says the snowman.
    The granny looks at him suspiciously. “So you don’t understand what I mean either?” she asks.
   “That’s true,” answers the snowman. “I don’t know anything about modern means of communication,” adds the snowman. “Please, tell me. I would like to listen about modern means of communication.”
   “And we would like to listen about the pie!” say the two hares.
   “Sit down and wait. The pie will be ready in a moment. And when the grandfather and the uncle come, we can eat it and talk about modern means of communication.”
   “And what is the uncle’s present?” ask the two hares.
   “Skis. He made skis,” answers the granny. “Only we don’t ski in our family. So I don’t know who can use them.”
   “How about a snowman?’ asks the first brother.
   “That’s great,” answers the granny. “We can give skis to the snowman.” And she looks at the snowman.
   “I am sorry, I don’t know much about skis,” says the snowman. “I have no education,” he explains.
   “You have know education, either?” asks the granny surprised.
   “No, I don’t,” answers the snowman. “So I don’t use skis and can’t explain about skis to persons who don’t guess what skis are.”
   “You can ski without education. You don’t need education to ski,” the granny explains.
   She sits down “But I think it’s high time to give education to all hares in our family including uncle and to everybody in the forest including snowmen and other persons,” she says.
   “So you can give me education too?” asks the snowman suspiciously.
   “I promise to give you education,” says the granny. “A very good education.” Then she looks at the two hares. “And you two, you must have a good education too,” she says. “And don’t interrupt. As soon as the uncle comes here and the white hare comes back with my bag, we’ll start our educational programme!”



Все герои и место действия  этой книги – вымышлены. Любое сходство с существующими людьми – случайно.





Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий